AIMS, ACTIVITIES AND RESULTS
The project want to suit the following needs:
* knowing the professional profile of Italian restorers;
* knowing the development of restoration's theories and practices;
* knowing the conservative history of works of art and achieve more potential of critical interpretation;
* knowing the “anamnesis” of a work of art in order to act a more conscious conservative intervention;
* knowing praxis, techniques, materials and instruments of restoration and related technical lexicon.
The aim of the project is to deepen knowledge about history of conservation-restoration, throught two areas of activities:
* SOURCES FOR THE HISTORY OF CONSERVATION-RESTORATION
* RESEARCH ON HISTORY OF CONSERVATION-RESTORATION
|SOURCES FOR THE HISTORY OF CONSERVATION-RESTORATION
||RESEARCH ON HISTORY OF CONSERVATION-RESTORATION
# preventing the loss, dispersion and splitting up of the documentary corpus of the Italian conservator-restorers’ private archives;
# promoting and encuranging the enjoyment of sources about conservation-restoration present in other archives (public and private);
# promoting and encuranging the enjoyment of bibliografic documentation about conservation-restoration;
# increasing documentary materials about conservation-restauration.
* reconstructing italian conservator-restorers’ biographies;
* reconstructing their conservation and restoration interventions, with information about places, chronologies, involved organizations and people, deterioration condition of the works of art, and performed operations;
* reconstructing the conservative events and "anamnesis" of the works of art;reconstructing features and evolution of the conservator-restorer profession;
* reconstructing the role of organizations and people involved in conservation-restoration activities;
* reconstructing relations between the conservator-restorers and the museums, the authorities in charge of conservation, the academies, the collectors, the ecclesiastic institutions and, where possible, the market.
- identifying, purchasing, reorganizing, creating inventories (adhering to national and international archivistic standards) and conserving Italian conservator-restorers’ private archives;
- researching and colletting informations about conservator-restorers and their interventions present in archives of public and private organisations;
- collecting studies, researches, graduation thesis, etc related to the subject;
- writing specialistic bibliographies on this area;
- interviewing conservators-restaurators, their collaborators, etc;
- re-editing bibliographical sources scarcely available;
- editing unpublished documents about conservation-restoration.
- conducting bibliographical and documentary researches about history of conservation-restoration and conservator-restorers;
- compiling RES.I cards, startingfrom the results of the bibliographical and documentary researches. The management of information through the data-base RES.I. makes very varying research modalities and approaches possible, allows to share and integrate data items with national research results, and permits an effective access to filed information, suggesting links and crosswise inquiries;
- deepening and comparing the results of researches and integrations realized by RES.I.
- private conservator-restorer’s archives have been inventoried, computerized, conserved, opened to consultation (AR.CO.);
- census of documentary sources about history of conservation-restoration by means of an archive database;
- bibliographies, library and multimedia library about history of conservation-restoration;
- interviews with conservator-restorers, their collaborators, etc;
- publications of historical texts about conservation-restoration and unpublished documents
- RES.I. relational and multimedia data-base, with relating “Conservator-Restorer” card, “Intervention" card, “Work of art” card, “Document” card, linked each other;
- meetings, conferences and conventions about history of conservation-restoration;
- publications about history of conservation-restoration.